- A mathematical technique for maximizing or minimizing a linear function of several variables, such as output or cost.More example sentences
- Both linear programming and power series were themes which ran through Motzkin's research throughout his life but he was an extremely broad mathematician and there were many other themes.
- During this troubled period Hua developed, with Wang Yuan, a broad interest in linear programming, operations research, and multidimensional numerical integration.
- The ‘decision-making sciences’ such as linear programming and operations research were developed during World War II to solve the logistical problems associated with supplying overseas troops in different theaters of operation.
More definitions of linear programmingDefinition of linear programming in:
- The British & World English dictionary