1 (also ocean liner) A large luxurious passenger ship of a type formerly used on a regular line.
- Although it was an ocean liner, the ship also had a cargo of ammunition.
- All making the event seem like a luxurious cruise on an ocean liner.
- Inexplicably, the interiors of the submarine are as spacey as those of a luxurious ocean liner.
2.1A cosmetic used for outlining or accentuating a facial feature, or a brush or pencil for applying this.
- On the beach, go for pencil eye liners rather than powdery eye products.
- Fill in lips with the liner, apply lipstick and voila!
- After gathering my belongings, I let my hair down and smoothed it out after applying a little liner and lip gloss.
Words that rhyme with linerangina, assigner, china, consignor, decliner, definer, Dinah, diner, diviner, forty-niner, hardliner, incliner, Indo-China, maligner, Medina, miner, minor, mynah, recliner, refiner, Regina, Salina, Shekinah, shiner, signer, South Carolina, Steiner, twiner, whiner
1A lining in an appliance, device, or container, especially a removable one, in particular.
- They have poppers or Velcro so you don't have to worry about pins, and they have removable paper liners that mean you can quickly and discreetly get rid of unpleasant lumps.
- Drop several extra trash liners inside each container before relining for a quick and easy way to remove future trash when it really starts to pile up.
- Those who do not want to handle the litter can use removable liners for these boxes.
1.1The lining of a garment.
- A Gore-Tex liner and careful gusset design make them waterproof to a depth of about 8 inches.
- It also has optional liners, hidden access panel for embroidery and more.
- The pilot, who wore only the outer dry suit and not the required long underwear and liner, died of hypothermia.
1.2 (also cylinder liner) A replaceable metal sleeve placed within the cylinder of an engine, forming a durable surface to withstand wear from the piston.
- Irreparable damage had been caused to the A7 rocker gear, cylinder head, cylinder liner, piston, connecting rod, big end bearing and the trombone.
- Four years were spent researching cylinder liner and piston materials that would match these varying requirements.
- However, a piston liner in the main engine failed during the voyage north.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.