Definition of lingcod in English:
noun (plural same)
A large slender greenling that has large teeth and is greenish-brown with golden spots. It lives along the Pacific coast of North America, where it is a valuable commercial and sport fish.
- Ophiodon elongatus, family Hexagrammidae
- He poses next to his world record lingcod caught Friday about 80 miles south of Ninilchik.
- A 60 pound lingcod was caught off the dock by a little boy trying to catch bullhead.
- Despite the implications of its name, the lingcod does not belong to the cod family.
Definition of lingcod in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.