noun (plural same)
A large slender greenling that has large teeth and is greenish-brown with golden spots. It lives along the Pacific coast of North America, where it is a valuable commercial and sport fish.
- Ophiodon elongatus, family Hexagrammidae
More example sentences
- He poses next to his world record lingcod caught Friday about 80 miles south of Ninilchik.
- A 60 pound lingcod was caught off the dock by a little boy trying to catch bullhead.
- Despite the implications of its name, the lingcod does not belong to the cod family.
Definition of lingcod in:
- The British & World English dictionary