Definition of lingcod in English:
noun (plural same)
A large slender greenling that has large teeth and is greenish-brown with golden spots. It lives along the Pacific coast of North America, where it is a valuable commercial and sport fish.
- Ophiodon elongatus, family Hexagrammidae
- He poses next to his world record lingcod caught Friday about 80 miles south of Ninilchik.
- A 60 pound lingcod was caught off the dock by a little boy trying to catch bullhead.
- Despite the implications of its name, the lingcod does not belong to the cod family.
Definition of lingcod in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan