noun (plural lingonberries)
- Another term for the mountain cranberry, especially in Scandinavia, where the berries are much used in cooking.More example sentences
- It also gets along well with mushrooms and berries: lingonberries, cranberries, rowanberries.
- There were stalls piled with pyramids of different coloured berries - deep purple blackcurrants, scarlet strawberries, pink lingonberries and bright orange slushy cloudberries.
- And then there's the forest berries growing wild - blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, cranberries, cloudberries, and lingonberries.
1950s: from Swedish lingon 'mountain cranberry' + berry.
More definitions of lingonberryDefinition of lingonberry in:
- The British & World English dictionary