Definition of linker in English:
1A thing that links other things, in particular.
- Some visitors are linkers and they link what they visit.
- For multidomain proteins, addition of missing linkers between the domains is possible.
- The value of an incoming link is a factor of the linker's own popularity.
1.1 Computing A program used with a compiler or assembler to provide links to the libraries needed for an executable program.
- The cross-compiled compiler / linker and sample program executables on each of the different platforms are then compared.
- It seems that when a library is linked in, the dynamic linker starts searching all libraries for symbols, even for the libraries' internal ones.
- If source code is a software design, then actually building software is done by compilers and linkers.
Definition of linker in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.