(also golf links)
noun[treated as singular or plural]
- A golf course.More example sentences
- They're right about our courses looking like cemeteries and parks rather than golf links.
- Designed in the 1950s, it retains some quirky detailing from that era and offers views of the sea as well as the clubhouse, greens and fairway of the nearby golf links.
- The magnificent 18 th-century mansion is set in private landscaped grounds at the edge of the town, opposite the golf links and West Sands but totally screened by trees, woods and 18-foot high lodge gates.
Old English hlinc 'rising ground', perhaps related to lean1.
More definitions of linksDefinition of links in:
- The British & World English dictionary