Definition of linkup in English:
1An instance of two or more people or things connecting or joining.
- The former transport minister had no plans for an overground link-up of the Luas lines and did not envisage the Sandyford line being linked to the rest of the rail network until the airport metro link was complete.
- The whole question of airline link-ups will have to be rethought as well.
- There were also residential courses and link-ups with local rugby league clubs.
1.1A connection enabling two or more people or machines to communicate with each other: a live satellite linkup
More example sentences
- A satellite link-up enabled viewers to see Vaughan speak to the rest of the team, who are currently on tour in Pakistan.
- The world premiere of the film itself will take place on BBC Television and will include live link-ups around the country to special cinema screenings.
- They have the latest genetic sequencing equipment, million-dollar biosafety labs, and real-time satellite link-ups to compare notes.
Definition of linkup in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan