- The presence in the blood of an abnormally high concentration of emulsified fat.More example sentences
- Additional symptoms of diabetes mellitus include excessive thirst, glucosuria, polyuria, lipemia and hunger.
- The photo-optical method 42 has the advantage of being automated and is minimally influenced by the presence of fibrin split products or low levels of hemolysis, lipemia, or bilirubin.
- If visible lipemia is noticed, the lipid infusion should be stopped and a serum triglyceride level measured.
late 19th century: from Greek lipos 'fat' + -emia.
More definitions of lipemiaDefinition of lipemia in:
- The British & World English dictionary