The metabolic formation of fat.
More example sentences
- In addition to its role in regulating glucose metabolism, insulin stimulates lipogenesis, diminishes lipolysis, and increases amino acid transport into cells.
- In other words, it's the chief gatekeeper for stimulating lipolysis and slowing lipogenesis.
- Numerous factors, including regulation of lipogenesis, genetics, age, nutrition, management, and environment, affect rate of marbling deposition.
- More example sentences
- Changing treatment to the more rapid acting insulin lispro has been reported as causing less lipohypertrophy, as the insulin is more rapidly absorbed and hence the adipocytes spend less time exposed to the lipogenic actions of insulin.
- Most diets will increase the number of lipogenic enzymes (fat storing) and decrease the lipolytic enzymes (fat burning).
- It causes your body to increase its lipogenic enzymes, which store fat.
Definition of lipogenesis in:
- The British & World English dictionary