noun (plural lipomas or lipomata /-mətə/)Medicine
A benign tumor of fatty tissue.
More example sentences
- If a dog had a benign tumour like a lipoma that needed to be removed because it was causing discomfort, I'd likely go ahead with it on most dogs, unless they were extremely old for their breed and/or didn't tolerate surgery well.
- You should feel subcutaneous nodules to see if they are soft like lipomas, hard like fibromas and malignant tumors, or tender, as in superficial abscesses or hematomas.
- They are the third most common primary cardiac tumors after myxomas and lipomas, accounting for 7% of all primary cardiac tumors.
- More example sentences
- In at least 2 cases, the possibility of a malignant lipomatous tumor could not be excluded.
- Chondroid lipoma is a rare, benign variant of lipomatous tumor that can mimic soft tissue sarcomas.
- In one unique carcinoma, extensive lipomatous metaplasia was observed.