- Any of a group of soluble proteins that combine with and transport fat or other lipids in the blood plasma.More example sentences
- The in vitro and in vivo experiments showed that free cholesterol and phospholipids were transferred from lipid emulsion to plasma lipoproteins independently from each other.
- Too much blood sugar may also alter the protein in low-density lipoproteins, or LDL.
- It seems that a fundamental similarity and parallel exists between the aggregation of lipoproteins and amyloid proteins.
More definitions of lipoproteinDefinition of lipoprotein in:
- The British & World English dictionary