- A pending legal action, or a formal notice of this.More example sentences
- It follows from the comparison of the legislation mentioned above that a common concept of lis pendens cannot be arrived at by a rapprochement of the various relevant national provisions.
- He too was dealing with a motion to discharge a certificate of lis pendens after a transaction of purchase and sale was aborted for failure of the vendor to produce a certificate relating to soil quality.
- There must be a clear and effective mechanism for resolving cases of lis pendens and related actions and for obviating problems flowing from national differences as to the determination of the time when a case is regarded as pending.
More definitions of lis pendensDefinition of lis pendens in:
- The British & World English dictionary