(also chiefly British lissom)
Definition of lissome in English:
(Of a person or their body) thin, supple, and graceful.
- The horses were idling around - how she loved to watch them their shiny coats, lissome bodies, the graceful tilt to their heads.
- And boy, the clothes did stick to the lissome bodies of the crowd on the ramp.
- One may have wondered as the lissom ladies gracefully showcased the trendy jewellery.
- Example sentences
- His feline lissomeness, soft landings and use of plié were at times astonishing.
- It was personality made specific in sound, and the music had a lissomeness and fluidity that jazz has mostly lost.
- The lissomeness with which he moved hither and thither was most impressive, as was his homicidal ardor when doing what I believe is called tackling.
Definition of lissome in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan