- Well-educated people who are interested in literature.More example sentences
- Unfortunately, much of her work has been ignored, partly because she was eclipsed, as a woman, by the male literati of the Harlem Renaissance.
- The visiting literati included the poet laureate Ted Hughes and his wife, Sylvia Plath.
- The first, and the more obvious one, is that it has drawn high praise from every echelon of the British literati, winning both the T.S. Eliot Prize and the Whitbread Prize for poetry this year.
early 17th century: from Latin, plural of literatus 'acquainted with letters', from littera (see letter).
More definitions of literatiDefinition of literati in:
- The British & World English dictionary