Definition of lithography in English:
- Printing on aluminum foil can be accomplished by any commercial process, including rotogravure, flexography, lithography, and letterpress.
- Over 10,000 means that we could switch from letter press to offset lithography, a process which depends on the immiscibility of greasy ink and water on a lithographic plate.
- In offset lithography, a printing process commonly used for mass production, the image is taken from the plate by a rubber roller that then transfers the image to the paper.
- In microelectronics manufacturing, lithography plays the analogous role.
- For example, polymer nanoimprint lithography could help the electronics industry achieve the resolution requirements needed for next-generation devices.
- Electron beam lithography involves striking a surface with a beam of electrons with patterning capabilities below 100 nm.
The earliest forms of lithography used greasy ink to form an image on a piece of limestone that was then etched with acid and treated with gum arabic. In a modern press, rollers transfer ink to a thin aluminum plate wrapped around a cylinder. In offset lithography the image is transferred to an intermediate rubber-covered cylinder before being printed
- Example sentences
- The editor has not only extended the book's coverage by ten years but has included artists primarily known as etchers, engravers and lithographers.
- It's not that he's reluctant to work - he has experience as a printer, lithographer and worker in one of Bulgaria's biggest factories, the Kremikovtsi steel works.
- He came to Indonesia in 1938 as a soldier and a lithographer for the Dutch Army in Indonesia.
Words that rhyme with lithographyautobiography, bibliography, biography, cardiography, cartography, chirography, choreography, chromatography, cinematography, cosmography, cryptography, demography, discography, filmography, geography, hagiography, historiography, hydrography, iconography, lexicography, oceanography, orthography, palaeography (US paleography), photography, radiography, reprography, stenography, topography, typography
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.