- 1 Botany A plant that grows on bare rock or stone.More example sentences
- There are three basic types: lithophytes, which grow on rock surfaces; epiphytes, which are found on trees; and terrestrials, which live in the ground.
- Others are terrestrial - they grow on soil - and then there are lithophytes, which grow on rocks.
- Grow lithophytes in baskets, on cork or on gravel or other planting media.
More definitions of lithophyteDefinition of lithophyte in:
- The British & World English dictionary