- Surgical removal of a calculus (stone) from the bladder, kidney, or urinary tract.More example sentences
- Early Hindu surgeons performed advanced eye operations and practised lithotomy (surgical removal of a stone from the urinary tract) and plastic surgery.
- In passing, until the advent of anaesthetics and antisepsis about 200 years later, the only internal operation generally undertaken was removal of bladder stones, or lithotomy as it was called.
- Cheselden at St Thomas's introduced the keeping of accurate records that enabled him to analyse the morbidity and mortality of his lithotomy operation for bladder stones.
More definitions of lithotomyDefinition of lithotomy in:
- The British & World English dictionary