- A supine position of the body with the legs separated, flexed, and supported in raised stirrups, originally used for lithotomy and later also for childbirth.More example sentences
- The capillary-support pressures for calf and heel support in the standard lithotomy position are presented as a function of body weight.
- She was placed under general anesthesia and positioned in a low lithotomy position.
- The circulating nurse configures the OR bed to accommodate either candy-cane shaped or boot-type stirrups for the lithotomy position.
More definitions of lithotomy positionDefinition of lithotomy position in:
- The British & World English dictionary