Definition of little finger in English:
The smallest finger, at the outer end of the hand, farthest from the thumb.
- The burst of flash illuminates a mass of arms raised, index fingers and little fingers pointing skywards, in the time-honoured rock salute.
- There was a faint scar that sloped gently downwards from her index finger to her little finger.
- The hands may be broad with short fingers; the little finger may only have one joint instead of two and be slightly curved.
twist (or wrap or wind) someone around one's little finger
- Have the ability to make someone do whatever one wants.Example sentences
- When she has her eye on a guy, she will do whatever it takes to wrap him around her little finger with a string.
- ‘He'd wrap you around his little finger and you wouldn't even know it,’ she smiled affectionately.
- For some reason, she was having some difficulty wrapping Matt around her little finger.
Definition of little finger in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan