Definition of little owl in English:
A small owl with speckled plumage, native to Eurasia and Africa.
- Athene noctua, family Strigidae
- He said native British birds that could lose out include the little owl, green woodpecker, and kestrel.
- There are short-eared owls (active in daytime) overwintering near Bempton Cliffs at the moment - and if you go to Blacktoft Sands you may be lucky enough to see barn owls gliding about at dusk, little owls or short-eared owls.
- There was also lots of other great wildlife to see in the area around Malham Cove including nesting little owls, green woodpeckers and redstarts.
Definition of little owl in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.