Definition of liturgical in English:
Of or relating to liturgy or public worship.
- Pope Pius XII in particular contributed heavily to renewal of the Church's liturgical and Sacramental life.
- As early as the ninth century, there was a liturgical ceremony ritualizing the act of adoption.
- Changes are occurring in the liturgical worship of Orthodox churches again, here and there.
- Example sentences
- In America, were the book a quarter of its price, it might provide light reading for liturgically interested clergy.
- The liturgically centered Episcopalians who see the trend coming are understandably interested in providing rites of commitment supported by the church.
- The challenges are for the liturgically savvy, whether ordained or lay.
Words that rhyme with liturgicaldramaturgical, metallurgical, surgical
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.