1Have old-fashioned or outdated ideas and attitudes.
- Those who wish to live in the past and apply outdated labels to all Northern Ireland fans are the real bigots.
- ‘I say to those who want to live in the past - you stay in the past, we are moving on,’ said Mr Duncan Smith.
- Mrs Barnie continued: ‘I understand the parish council has their own rules, but I think they are living in the past.’
1.1Dwell on or reminisce at length about past events.
- She needed to stop living in the past and stop wallowing in past sorrows.
- Many people live in the past, over and over again, and they never catch up with the present.
- Yet the greatest obstacles to achieving are a lack of self belief, living in the past and a desire to be perfect.
Definition of live in the past in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.