Definition of live in the past in English:
1Have old-fashioned or outdated ideas and attitudes.
- Those who wish to live in the past and apply outdated labels to all Northern Ireland fans are the real bigots.
- ‘I say to those who want to live in the past - you stay in the past, we are moving on,’ said Mr Duncan Smith.
- Mrs Barnie continued: ‘I understand the parish council has their own rules, but I think they are living in the past.’
1.1Dwell on or reminisce at length about past events.
- She needed to stop living in the past and stop wallowing in past sorrows.
- Many people live in the past, over and over again, and they never catch up with the present.
- Yet the greatest obstacles to achieving are a lack of self belief, living in the past and a desire to be perfect.
Definition of live in the past in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan