- Rock that is not detached but still forms part of the earth: a chamber cut out of the living rockMore example sentences
- A warm yellow light flowed into the passage, brightening with every step until, without any presage, the narrow channel opened into a vast, arched cathedral, fashioned out of the very living rock.
- The south-west stand is dug into the hillside to create a Piranesian undercroft of stairs, lifts and concourses set against a backdrop of living rock.
- They had been carved out of living rock, she was certain.
More definitions of living rockDefinition of living rock in:
- The British & World English dictionary