A reptile that typically has a long body and tail, four legs, movable eyelids, and a rough, scaly, or spiny skin.
- Suborder Lacertilia (or Sauria), order Squamata: many families
More example sentences
- In the end, they supplied the moviemakers with three monitor lizards and six bearded dragon lizards.
- The Newcastle-based trust's pair of bearded dragon lizards were on show throughout the weekend.
- The lizards get their Bearded Dragon name because of spikes under the chin that gives the appearance of a full beard.
late Middle English: from Old French lesard(e), from Latin lacertus 'lizard, sea fish', also 'muscle'.
More definitions of lizardDefinition of Lizard in:
- The British & World English dictionary