- 1A domesticated pack animal of the camel family found in the Andes, valued for its soft woolly fleece.
More example sentences
- Lama glama, family Camelidae, probably descended from the wild guanaco
- Since then, alpacas and llamas have been extensively hybridized.
- The only thing we don't do with our llamas and alpacas in North America is eat them!
- The circus boasts camels, zebras, llamas, dogs, pigeons and ducks, as well as clowns, jugglers, wire-walkers and trapeze artists.
early 17th century: from Spanish, probably from Quechua.
More definitions of llamaDefinition of llama in:
- The British & World English dictionary