1The application of a mechanical load or force to something.
- In this study we combined simultaneous mechanical loading and visualization of the microstructural components in the same arterial specimen.
- We tested the role of desmin in initiating such pathways via direct visualization of muscle nuclei before and during mechanical loading.
- Therefore, we selected 5000 cycles of loading to simulate such mechanical conditions.
1.1The amount of electric current or power delivered to a device.
2.1An increase in an insurance premium due to a factor increasing the risk involved.
- Insurance policy loading could have a major impact in Scotland, which has one of the worst obesity levels in Europe.
- Mr O'Sullivan believes that if the EU gives the go-ahead for the new scheme the entry premium loading could slip in unnoticed by many consumers by the end of June.
- He also gave assurances on funding and promised a proposal for the Government to pay the loading on haemophiliacs's insurance premiums would be looked at in September.
(Of a gun, machine, or truck) loaded in a specified way: a front-loading dishwasher
More example sentences
- Front loading washing machines are often used where top surface access is limited.
- Based on these advantages and disadvantages, the front load washer is the clear winner and is generally the most preferred.
Words that rhyme with loadingforeboding
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of loading in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.