Having a lobe or lobes: lobate oak leaves
More example sentences
- The median lobate structure, formed by fusion of the two median muscle boundaries of the true lobes, may be extended away from the two lateral lobate structures (which are the lateral muscle boundaries of the true lobes).
- At the distal end, the axis is turned upward and lobate and is divided into five lobes.
- The structure is radial and lobate with a series of narrow and wide lobes.
- More example sentences
- Key characters in the genus are ovary lobation, features of the stigma, anther/filament ratio, leaf shape, and whether or not the leaves are sessile or petiolate.
- As differences in the direction of the dorsal node and the style and relative length of lobation are the key criteria used to differentiate hipponicharionid genera, it is appropriate to erect a new genus for this Antarctic bradoriid.
- Adults of both groups have complex glabellar lobation.
Definition of lobate in:
- The British & World English dictionary