noun (plural lobectomies)
- Surgical removal of a lobe of an organ such as the thyroid gland, lung, or liver.More example sentences
- Patients with peripheral tumors with or without metastases to hilar nodes are usually treated with surgical lobectomy or pneumonectomy.
- The subjects were consecutive patients who required pneumonectomy or lobectomy for small peripheral lung nodules; they were not selected to represent an obstructed and nonobstructed group.
- Seven days after the bronchoscopy the patient went to the operating room for a right lower lobe lobectomy and wedge biopsy of the right middle lung.
More definitions of lobectomyDefinition of lobectomy in:
- The British & World English dictionary