noun (plural lobos)North American
- (In the southwestern US and Mexico) a timber wolf.More example sentences
- Killings threaten lobos in Rocky Mountains
- The last of the San Juan lobos - the last wild wolf in Colorado - was killed in 1945, felled by a government wildlife officer within sight of a herd of cattle.
- For information on the Mexican gray wolf or lobo, which is not affected by the reclassification proposal, visit Region 2's ‘Mexican Gray Wolf Recovery’ webpage.
mid 19th century: from Spanish, from Latin lupus 'wolf'.
More definitions of loboDefinition of lobo in:
- The British & World English dictionary