- The administration of a particular town, county, or district, with representatives elected by those who live there.More example sentences
- New Labour set up executive mayors to make local government even less accountable.
- This group will consult with a range of Governments, local governments, and community interests.
- These hold to account the executive councillors in the new form of cabinet local government.
More definitions of local governmentDefinition of local government in:
- The British & World English dictionary