- A choice available to a local administration to accept or reject national legislation (e.g., concerning the sale of alcoholic liquor).More example sentences
- Functionally, it seems to advocate a local option for synods and bishops - one possibility I was hoping for.
- In the 1970s, the tangle of federal and state provisions in incoherent plans for environmental protection complicated local options.
- While such programs are growing, they are local options and are far from widespread.
More definitions of local optionDefinition of local option in:
- The British & World English dictionary