noun (plural localities)
- 1The position or site of something: the rock’s size and localityMore example sentences
- Mist-net capture localities were positioned near bird feeders at both study sites.
- This locality is also the site from which Lyreidus hookeri was collected.
- Geographical coordinates and sample sizes of the localities may be obtained from the corresponding author.
- 1.1An area or neighborhood, especially as regarded as a place occupied by certain people or as the scene of particular activities: the results of other schools in the locality a working-class localityMore example sentences
- Order individuals who don't live in the area to leave the locality.
- They offer intimacy beyond the family and join individuals within or between neighborhoods and localities.
- Neighbourhood parks have sprung up in every locality making the area greener.
early 17th century: from French localité or late Latin localitas, from localis 'relating to a place' (see local).