Definition of lockbox in English:
1A box that locks, usually for storing money or valuables.
- When someone came over to sell him drugs, Felix was to record the transaction, show the person out, and, without leaving the camera's view, put the drugs he'd bought into a lockbox and lock it with a padlock.
- During that flight, the gun was placed in a lockbox and stored in the plane's cargo section.
- If you plant that money in your bosom or plant it in a lockbox, it will not grow.
3Any of various computerized devices or services intended to prevent the unauthorized distribution or copying of digitally stored or transmitted data.
- The content in the lockbox can be synced to any number of computers, which helps law firms and other such organizations keep their documents accessible, updated, and, most importantly, secure.
Definition of lockbox in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan