Definition of locule in English:
Each of a number of small separate cavities, especially in an ovary.
- Other morphological characters, such as the low number of stamens or ovary locules, and the sometimes rather unspecialized nectarial bracts, could also point towards a close relationship between these two genera.
- The number of orbicules present on the locule surface is well in excess of the number of pollen grains within the locule.
- Parenchyma cells of the pith were packed more closely, especially near to structures such as the locules and vascular bundles.
- Example sentences
- When they reach maturity, they are released from the bundle and reach the locular lumen and the efferent ductule.
- Those to each sepal typically retain their identity as they slope beneath the locular area.
- Each septum is composed of the locular membranes of adjacent fruit segments with intervening spongy mesocarp-like parenchyma.
Definition of locule in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India