1Relating to or expressed in terms of logarithms.
- During the early logarithmic phase of increase in log-likelihood, the genetic algorithm method of determining branch lengths seems to work quite well.
- Gap fraction is computed by logarithmic averaging of the transmittances of subgroups of the data.
- The recent calculations reviewed in the article go beyond the valence approximation and attempt to improve the approach to continuum by a logarithmic factor relative to previous simulations.
1.1(Of a scale) constructed so that successive points along an axis, or graduations that are an equal distance apart, represent values that are in an equal ratio.
- Equal intervals on a logarithmic scale correspond to equal proportions on an arithmetic scale.
- Heterogeneity in the risk difference and the odds ratio on a logarithmic scale was not significant in the 10 trials that provided data on mortality.
- Under the assumptions that genes act multiplicatively (i.e., there is no epistasis on a logarithmic scale), the log of this ratio should decline linearly over time.
1.2(Of a curve) forming a straight line when plotted on a logarithmic scale; exponential.
- Craig published several more papers on the logarithmic curve, the curve of quickest descent and quadrature of figures.
- Cotes was particularly pleased with his rectification of the logarithmic curve as he makes clear in a letter to his friend William Jones in 1712.
- An accretional growth system that builds the special logarithmic curve of the coiled conch requires a suite of parameters, which are maintained in a very narrow zone of tolerance.
- Example sentences
- Nasal lavage and PBMC cytokine and the derived cytokine ratios were logarithmically transformed before analysis.
- The response variable was logarithmically transformed.
- We performed each analysis on the logarithmically transformed dependent variables.
Words that rhyme with logarithmiceurhythmic, rhythmic
Definition of logarithmic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.