Definition of logic in English:
- That is the primary reason and logic behind media.
- And to take such a stance, outside of the accepted discourse of reason, means that he can't use deductive logic to defend it.
- Whoever wishes to hold on to the distinction would need to maintain, according to his own logic, that he has always been there - a thesis which can all too easily be disproved.
- Frege's primary concern was to construct a system of logic, formulated in an idealized language, which was adequate for mathematical reasoning.
- There is one context in which the language of possible worlds is undoubtedly useful and even illuminating, namely, in the study of formal axiomatic systems of modal logic.
- Given that we are quoting Godel, I assumed that we were sticking to standard binary logic systems.
- In formal mathematical logic, one makes frequent use of the existential and universal quantifiers.
- That fall, the process of smoothing out and filling in the technical details of Wiles's celebrated result turned up a troublesome gap in the proof's logic.
- Reason, logic, and common sense are practically a foreign language to this girl!
- With opinions and arguments completely lacking in evidence, logic or relevance, this stuff is irresistible.
- There is a lack of logic in certain passages which reveals a sense of scepticism towards determination.
- Following the logic of postmodern criticism, we could assume a level of ironic distance.
- The truly religious, following the logic of submission to political and moral ideals, and to the arbitrary will of God, are terrifying to us and almost incomprehensible.
- We no longer follow the logic of one size fits all, like earlier.
- The computer program code logic is executed by the processing circuitry and is configured to generate an output signal.
- Mac hardware today differs from PCs solely in the CPU, system logic and the motherboard they sit on.
- Knowing algorithms, which is really the underlying piece of any logic in a computer program, is an extremely important skill for programmers.
- In such a PDA, DRAM cells normally are refreshed periodically by the memory controller logic present inside the CPU.
- Another capability is that the software uses logic based on available memory to break up large models.
- If performance parity is achieved, then moving to new core logic and memory is a non-issue, and it's easy to justify adopting those other neat new features.
- Example sentences
- For centuries, theologians, logicians and philosophers have puzzled over the meaning of the name Destiny's Child.
- Thus various detailed investigations by philosophers and logicians of such topics as explanation, confirmation, probability, and so on, may be reasonably taken to provide some of the ingredients for a general account of coherence.
- Philosophers and logicians distinguish three types of reasoning which are useful for solving different kinds of problems: deductive, inductive, and dialectical reasoning.
Logic came via Old French from late Latin, and from Greek logikē (tekhnē) ‘(art) of reason’; the base is Greek logos ‘word, reason’, found also in prologue (Middle English) ‘words said before’. Logo, a 1930s shortening of logogram, ‘a sign representing a word or phrase, shorthand’, or of the printing term logotype, ‘a single piece of type that prints a word, phrase, or symbol’ (both E19th) also goes back to logos.
Words that rhyme with logicdialogic, ethnologic, hydrologic, isagogic, monologic, mythologic, pathologic, pedagogic, teleologic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.