- A person who prefers to act or be alone.More example sentences
- They tend to be lone wolves who suffer marginalisation, branded (at best) eccentrics, accused (at worst) of being traitors in order to demean and degrade what they write and broadcast.
- Some players prefer to operate as a lone wolf, others work well in small squads of two or three people, and still others would prefer to work in a large group.
- You've met loss adjusters - they're the lone wolves who tell the insurers to settle your claim or not (fingers crossed for that flood damage claim, people).
More definitions of lone wolfDefinition of lone wolf in:
- The British & World English dictionary