- (Chiefly of a drug) having effects that last for a long time.More example sentences
- Despite her use of the long-acting drug preparation, she reported that the carbidopa-levodopa effect wore off after 3 to 4 hours.
- A single injection of a long-acting steroid such as triamcinolone (eg Kenalog) can bring symptoms under control quickly.
- The AAP does not recommend routine use of pemoline, a long-acting stimulant, because of rare but potentially fatal hepatotoxicity.
More definitions of long-actingDefinition of long-acting in:
- The British & World English dictionary