Definition of long jump in English:
noun(the long jump)
An athletic event in which competitors jump as far as possible along the ground in one leap.
- Padraig Maye proved how versatile of an athlete he is by winning gold medals in the long jump and the high jump.
- I'm not the fastest but I have always been good at technical events and started out in the long jump and high jump as well.
- Coomber has competed at amateur level in both the high jump and long jump but never the pole vault.
long jumper noun
- Example sentences
- Almost without exception, Carl Lewis, the US sprinter and long jumper, and Emil Zatopek, the Czech, have been suggested.
- One of the most popular heroes of the Games was African-American sprinter and long jumper Jesse Owens, who won four gold medals.
- The Suns did select Olympic long jumper Bob Beamon in the 15th round, however.
Definition of long jump in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan