- (Of a phonograph record) designed to be played at 33 1/ 3 revolutions per minute.More example sentences
- Landowska, Tureck, Gould, and the long-playing record, I believe, did much to bring this monument to public attention.
- The high price of long-playing gramophone records, and the huge quantity of them being issued, meant that many enthusiasts could not buy all the records they wanted.
- They quickly became the de facto world standard recorded-music carrier, and long-playing records and pre-recorded cassettes were discontinued in all but specialized markets within seven years.
More definitions of long-playingDefinition of long-playing in:
- The British & World English dictionary