- 1A large boat that may be launched from a sailing ship.More example sentences
- The longboat was launched before a crowd of about 500 at Town Beach, the cradle of history in this district.
- The bows of the longboat collided with the dock, causing the little boats to pitch and sway in a haphazard fashion.
- Hadleigh looked towards the pirate ship to see three longboats full of men rowing towards them.
- 1.1 another term for longship.More example sentences
- Thankfully these are not Norse raisers in their longboats, but the Royal Marines' new all-terrain vehicles, now being delivered to Corps units.
- Tall ships, small ships, pirate ships, submarines, rafts, and Viking longboats might all put in an appearance.
- Still, by the time Wonka and his guests set sail, the fact that their ship is a Viking longboat carved from a big boiled sweet seems almost mundane.
More definitions of longboatDefinition of longboat in:
- The British & World English dictionary