nounchiefly North American
- A person or fishing vessel that uses longlines.More example sentences
- A week ago this country was shaken in its foundations when a longliner vessel ran into trouble and sank within sight of land, only a few minutes after the distress call went out.
- We talk of the value of the fishery, purchasing freezer trawlers, chartering longliners, and landing fish in various locations.
- The convention's scientific committee says since 1996 pirate longliners have killed up to 144,000 albatrosses and 400,000 petrels in Antarctic waters alone.
More definitions of longlinerDefinition of longliner in:
- The British & World English dictionary