- A long, narrow warship, powered by both oar and sail, used by the Vikings and other northern European peoples.More example sentences
- The Orkney Museum's latest items include models of a Viking longship and a sailing ship as well as children's toys and domestic artefacts.
- Viking longships sailed up the Mersey - and Norsemen may have settled on land between Altrincham and Lymm.
- In 875, Alfred went to sea with a small naval force and on the south coast of Wessex met 7 Viking longships and defeated them.
More definitions of longshipDefinition of longship in:
- The British & World English dictionary