British term for farsighted.
- If you are diagnosed as long-sighted, it is likely that your optician will prescribe glasses or contact lenses to correct your vision.
- Left untreated, young children who are long-sighted may eventually lose vision in one eye.
- They also check that a child can follow movement in the normal field of vision (looking up, down, and side to side), and is not short-sighted or long-sighted.
- Example sentences
- Chennai joins select cities in the country to launch a new laser-driven vision correction procedure for short-sightedness, long-sightedness and astigmatism.
- He suffers from long-sightedness and now needs to wear glasses when reading some government papers.
- If you perform a lot of close work and find you are getting eye-strain or headaches, this may indicate an excessive effort to focus the eyes, which could be due to long-sightedness.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of longsighted in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.