- Construction of a standard for beauty and attractiveness, and judgments made about people on the basis of how well or poorly they meet the standard.More example sentences
- It doesn't cater to the lowbrow philosophy that romance readers are all about intoxicating escapisms and lookisms and that they will shriek if someone over thirty gets naked.
- I was amazed at how lookisms, sexisms (probably racisms, if the area I lived in was more diverse) play a part on the estimations of observers.
- This form of discrimination, which is prevalent in all areas of life and still hardly regarded, is called lookism.
More definitions of lookismDefinition of lookism in:
- The British & World English dictionary