North American • informal
- Phonetic spelling of “look at”: Hey, lookit that!More example sentences
- Based on a local joke from the Lanaudière region of Quebec, their name translates to ‘the flock of beavers’ - as in ‘Hey, lookit the flock of beavers over there.’
- Hey, lookit Nixon, he got kicked out midway through his second term.
- ‘Hey, lookit this… ‘Ten pointed to a paragraph in the paper.’
exclamationBack to top
- Used to draw attention to what one is about to say: lookit, Pete, this is seriousMore example sentences
- Well, lookit, I can't think straight right now.
- And lookit: the poor little girl hasn't learned to swim yet.
- Now, lookit, there's no point in those blank faces.
More definitions of lookitDefinition of lookit in:
- The British & World English dictionary