- A broad interpretation of a statute or document by a court.More example sentences
- With this legislation, tribunals are given explicit assistance in two forms, which should detract from the need to adopt a loose construction of the language.
- Mr Watson for his part does not argue for some loose construction; it is, as I have said, for a purposive construction for which he argues.
- Through loose construction, the early leaders of the United States were able to improve aspects of the Constitution, which eventually improved the overall life of the American citizens.
- More example sentences
- Jefferson and Madison also had strict and loose constructionist policies with respect to military issues.
- A strict constructionist believes the constitution should be interpreted literally or strictly, while a loose constructionist believes in a broad or loose interpretation of the Constitution.
- I am attempting to be concise and rather general, so as to be interpreted by loose constructionists liberally.