- A synthetic drug of the opiate class that inhibits peristalsis and is used to treat diarrhea.More example sentences
- Effective antidiarrhoeal drugs such as loperamide and diphenoxylate can be used when necessary.
- Empiric treatment of traveler's diarrhea with antibiotics and loperamide is effective and often limits symptoms to one day.
- But treatment with an antibiotic and loperamide often can cure you within 24 hours.
1970s: probably from (ch)lo(ro-) + (pi)per(idine) + amide.
More definitions of loperamideDefinition of loperamide in:
- The British & World English dictionary