- A drug of the benzodiazepine group, used especially to treat anxiety.More example sentences
- Benzodiazepines, particularly short acting drugs such as lorazepam may be another good choice for the short-term management of agitation.
- Treatment is started with a benzodiazepine, preferably lorazepam because of its relative rapid onset of action and long half-life.
- Use of fast-acting, short half-life benzodiazepines such as alprazolam and lorazepam should be avoided.
1960s: from (ch)lor(o-) (as in 'chlorine') + -azepam, on the pattern of words such as diazepam.
More definitions of lorazepamDefinition of lorazepam in:
- The British & World English dictionary