A body of traditions and knowledge on a subject or held by a particular group, typically passed from person to person by word of mouth: the jinns of Arabian lore baseball lore
More example sentences
- We owe it to the younger generation to pass on the vast lore, knowledge and expertise and let them know the heritage of the county.
- These leaders used the wisdom they found during this meeting to begin the tradition of Indian lore at camps.
- Body painting, traditional dance and spoken lore are all virtually impossible to safeguard.
The surface on each side of a bird’s head between the eye and the upper base of the beak, or between the eye and nostril in snakes.
- With some birds, the lores presents the most conspicuous field mark.
- It shared the same yellow lores, median crown stripe, and goatee-like black malar markings.
- We determined the sex of birds in the field from the color of the lores (males black, females brown.
early 19th century: from Latin lorum 'strap'.